13 June 2016
Faces of Bristol Mental Health: Michael Hibberd
Quality and Governance, Bristol Services and PA to Service
1. What does your job involve?
My role is a new one. I ensure adherence to key performance
indicators for the Bristol service and support the service manager
with his daily duties as the head of the crisis service, where we
oversee BMH crisis, street triage, shared point of access and
liaison and later life.
2. What do you enjoy best about your role?
The variety, the challenging nature of the job and how
spontaneous you have to be.
3. Describe how you're feeling today in three
Confident, busy, satiated.
4. What do you do to keep mentally healthy?
I'm a practising smallholder so grow many vegetables and keep
animals too. I also brew my own beer and make my own wine. I like
doing crosswords, reading, cycling and fishing, as well.
5. What do you like best about Bristol?
The culture. It's such a progressive city.
6. What would you recommend that people try in the
The Loco Club, an underground arts venue. The
location is superb and very atmospheric. There are surprising acts
and events and all of the talent is up and coming.