05 July 2016
Faces of Bristol Mental Health: Kerry Preshaw
Job title: Care Co-Ordinator with the Early
Intervention in Psychosis Team
1. What does your job involve?
It involves working with younger people who may be undergoing a
first episode of psychosis, through carrying out one-to-one and
group work with them. I'm also the Carers Lead for the team and
co-chair the Early Intervention Reference Group. I'm passionate
about service user involvement.
2. What do you enjoy best about your role?
Seeing people recover and running reference groups and the
service user involvement/co-production side of things.
3. Describe how you're feeling today in three
Hot (it's very warm!), happy and hopeful.
4. What do you do to keep mentally healthy?
Yoga and relaxing whenever I can. I love going to gigs too!
5. What do you like best about Bristol?
I like the multiculturalism and diversity that's here.
6. What would you recommend that people try in the
Cantina, a pop up restaurant that's run by a colleague, Ed, and
his wife. It serves delicious Mexican food.